Many employee work hard for their organisations would like to see promotion in their career life unlike me who is contributing intellect to enlighten others worlds and inspire others thoughts. Employer needs to consider many factors (what most employer do not follow) while promoting an employee within organisation. I understand some employees and employers may find a bitter taste on my writings as it is solely intended for them.
Most employer promote employee by the basis of nepotism. Some employees are not even given any chance to learning and career development or given any encouragement to learning and development by superiors or to whom it may concern. Some employees are not even aware of their rights as they are not given any information or they are not being given any clear instruction and guideline about information within organisation. For lack of information and guideline many employees are bound to buy third party products like labour union by monthly instalment which is also promoted by the employer within organisation. Don't want to go in details on what and where is the wrong as it is completely different topic.
Sometimes, I feel you have to pay for your rights even though it is already exists in the company's policy or department of work and pension's policy for free.
When employer promoting an employee within organisation employer should consider the followings:
- Employer must have impartial judgement
- Inform or advert about vacancy within organisation and in public
- Encourage all suitable employee to apply
- Welcome application from any employee
- Invite all candidates for open interview (verbal and written)
- Ask each candidate verbal question in front of other candidate (set of verbal and written questions for each candidate must be prepared)
- Record entire interview process
- Publish result and issue letter for unsuccessful candidates as well
There are other things to consider apart from merit skills such as experiences, relationship to other colleagues, conducts, attendance report and communications. Academic qualifications are not very vital to consider. Remember, 5 years of freshly university graduation is equivalent to 2 years of work experiences in relevant field.
-------- Foisal Talukdar